Thursday, December 6, 2012

Isaiah chapter 5 Part 1

I just finished up Isaiah chapter 5. It is quite a bit longer then chapter 4 but a very interesting chapter to read. We see Isaiah comparing the people of Judah to a vineyard where the intended crop was not what the caretaker hoped for. We see that he had planted grapes and cultivated the land, removed the rock built towers and hedges to protect the crop. Yet even after all this effort something still managed to get in? What is the caretaker to do? In fact he even ask that question. He says what more could I have done or in other words, did I miss something? I did everything right! I followed the books, I planted this just like the Internet told me too. Yet the only thing that I can do now is just let it go.

I am going to be real honest about this passage for a minute. I have felt this way before. When I see a young person walk away from God I start with the could I have done something different, I have prayed for them, and taught them, I have read all the best books and I gave them great illustrations and they were doing so well. But some how wild grapes have taken root. It was no fault of my own but to this day the results are the same. Could I have said or done something different? The only thing that I can do is to stay true, let my light shine and continue praying for those that have left that first love.

That concludes the first part of chapter 5 part 1. Feel free to comment or visit me on Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment