When: Approximately 758 BC in the year of King Uzziah's death.
We see a description of heaven in Isaiah's vision that would just be breathe taking. He describes the Seraphims as having six wings and standing at the ready singing "Holy, holy holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!" Isaiah Chapter 6:3 ESV. The Prophet is describing these angelic beings as being right there to minister unto the King of Kings and Lord of Lords at all times and singing praises to his blessed and holy name. I looked into some more information about the seraphim and I pretty much just found a lot of speculation from a 12th century scholar and some medieval scholars, so I am really going to leave it alone.
What I love, is the description of God looking for someone to send to his people. Isaiah was just saying how impure that he was and the seraphim placed the hot coal from the altar upon his lips to purify him! Now the Prophet is standing the saying send me Lord, I will go! This is quiet a change in tune, one minute he is fearing for his life and the next volunteering for a special assignment for the most high God. It is amazing what an experience at the altar will do in a persons life.
Let me strongly recommend that if you have not entered into the throne room of God today please find a place to do so. You don't know where a little bit of prayer or an experience at the altar can take you! Give it a try and see where it goes! God bless you and have a great day!
We see a description of heaven in Isaiah's vision that would just be breathe taking. He describes the Seraphims as having six wings and standing at the ready singing "Holy, holy holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!" Isaiah Chapter 6:3 ESV. The Prophet is describing these angelic beings as being right there to minister unto the King of Kings and Lord of Lords at all times and singing praises to his blessed and holy name. I looked into some more information about the seraphim and I pretty much just found a lot of speculation from a 12th century scholar and some medieval scholars, so I am really going to leave it alone.
What I love, is the description of God looking for someone to send to his people. Isaiah was just saying how impure that he was and the seraphim placed the hot coal from the altar upon his lips to purify him! Now the Prophet is standing the saying send me Lord, I will go! This is quiet a change in tune, one minute he is fearing for his life and the next volunteering for a special assignment for the most high God. It is amazing what an experience at the altar will do in a persons life.
Let me strongly recommend that if you have not entered into the throne room of God today please find a place to do so. You don't know where a little bit of prayer or an experience at the altar can take you! Give it a try and see where it goes! God bless you and have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment