Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dedicated Young People

I would like to take a few minutes today to just brag about the dedication of some of my young people. These teens are amazing. When they could be doing so many other things with their friends and families and even pursuing other goals, they choose to spend time with each other learning and studying the word of God. Here are some examples. Every Sunday afternoon, even though we have church Sunday morning and Sunday evening. I meet with a group of young people down stairs of the church before the evening service and for one hour we discuss a couple chapters of the Bible as we are slowly working our way through the Bible. We have been doing this for months and we are only on Genesis Chapter 21. I must say that I feel that I have gained as much if not more from this then the young people have. It has been a great time learning with them.

Also, our District Youth Department issued a challenge to the Young people of the State of Maine that if they would memorize 90 verses in 90 days and could recite all 90 from memory then they would win an Ipad. Only one person in the State was able to complete the challenge and I am proud to say that she is one of my youth. Not to mention she is only 15 years old!
This is a picture of Lucy (middle) receiving her Ipad with me (Right) and the District Youth President Bro. Rodney Dame (Left). We are at a Cowboy themed banquet (the reason for the western like attire).


No comments:

Post a Comment